The story of one high schooler trying to wade through all the petty drama, with the only way she knows how. Sarcasm. Note: All names have been changed for protection.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Puberty is the best idea since sliced bread

Hello all! So if you haven't gone through that magical time, you will. If you have, consider yourself lucky. Its nice to be able to live through it, and tell the story. Anyway, this has been brought to my attention recently, actually last night, by my 13 year old brother, named Mitchell; and my 10 year old brother, Jack. (These are actually their names. They're just that special.)
He is in that extremely awkward in-between stage of childhood and teenaged-ness. Its really funny, since he likes to punch things, and I liked to cry. A lot. I really don't know where the tears came from. Maybe I've been storing them since youth in a special place...like my legs or something...for this great time in my life. (Actually, that's a lie. That was the worst year of my life.) I've learned to just run and hide (and lock the door. Ahem.) whenever he gets mad. Mind you, he's as tall as me now. And I'm 5'10'!! Keep that in mind, because that makes the story I'm about to divulge that much more awesome. 
So last night I was at my high school's Homecoming football game. (The score was 0- 41. You could say epic fail, I won't mind.) My entire family was there, so obviously I left them to be with friends. Later, I learned something. While walking around with Jack and their little friends, Mitchell ran into some girls he knew from middle school. They were actually some really cute girls, (I'm not being weird, they are just that, "Awh, look at you. You're an adorable 12 year old.") and I guess knew Mitchell, and liked him. One of them jumped on Mitchell, giving him a giant hug. This is how I imagine the following scene:
Girl: "OMG Mitchelllllll!!!! Hiiii!!!! We're in math together, and you are just SO CUTE."
*She hugs him
Mitchell: "Ummmmm. Did you know the square root of pi is 1.772? Heh-heh."
In Mitch's mind: "Woah. How did this happen. This is really weird...but nice...and she's so pretty..."
*He hugs her back*
The guy who was walking with the girl: I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him!!!! RAWRRR!"
 And then...the best thing I've ever heard in my life happened. 

"Mitchell, we gotta go. Mom got your farting meds, its time to take them."


Can you just imagine it?? Getting your first hug with a girl, then your little brother says that!?
Oh my gosh I love my family. But that has got to be traumatizing for a 13 year old, insecure little boy. Life must suck really bad right now. He probably won't touch another girl for a couple of years now. 
So if you see him, embarrass him and give him a giant hug!!


Always,
Maddie


P.S.
If you know what the heck is wrong with Facebook, please share. I'm so confused. And by the way, I would update more. But I don't. You know why? Because no one reads! Or at least I don't see it. So if you do read this, please either subscribe or comment. (Subscribing gets you 30000 Maddie-points. Commenting gets you 749. Just saying.)



6 comments:

  1. WOW... This just completly made my day amazing. Not gonna lie. HAHAHAHA WOW that is so funny! Yet sooo sad!!! AHH!!!! Ok, tell Mitchell its gonna be fine!!! hahaha oh man im totally gonna give him a hug next time i see him!
    I really enjoy how you wrote this by the way. jolly good(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahhaha i literally laughed out loud! ah i love your whole family! poor mitch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha your poor brother. that's pretttttttttty much hilarious though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read!! And, I LOVE your blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out about your blog....and I am glad I did. I love the way you write and your perspective on those tough days of puberty...all hair and voices changing. Tough on guys, but maybe tougher on us girls. I would never want to be 13 again, unless I could be 13 and know what I know now. That would be awesome!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddie! i love your blog! it's my relief when i'm going insane from homework. :)
    you have a real talent and your stories are highly entertaining :)
    don't stop, write more! :D

    ReplyDelete