The story of one high schooler trying to wade through all the petty drama, with the only way she knows how. Sarcasm. Note: All names have been changed for protection.

Monday, November 22, 2010

...And a happy freaking New Year!

Christmas is just around the corner! Hurry up and put your gift orders in! Don't know what to get?! NO PROBLEM! We have anything under the sun in our store! Get the giant inflatable Santa, it's the hottest yard decoration for the season! We have Rudolph too, who will also feed your kids and blow your pipes and hang your Christmas lights too! COME SHOP WITH THIS US THIS YEAR!!
No.
Look, I love Christmas as much as anyone. But the commercials make me want to go kick a puppy. (*I don't normally kick puppies. I have in fact NEVER kicked a puppy. There you go PETA.*) I'm even okay with the music playing in October. The commercials really get me. You know what I'm doing for my X-mas presents? Edible Play Dough. That's right, the stuff we all ate as kids is now actually eat-able. (Edible is a very confusing word. It sounds exactly like edible. What the gecko is with this English Language???) Stores should probably realize that a lot of people can't buy nice expensive things for their friends. For example, this is the example of on average how much money I spend on friends and family.
Y= number of years I've known you
X= the amount of money I'll spend on you

½Y x 4 = X
Please know that X is in cents. Okay, that may be cut in half this year.  Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is this. Stores for one, shouldn't have Christmas going decorations going up before Halloween. We went I think the night of Halloween to get cheap candy (who doesn't) and there they were! The employees were setting up the Christmas trees! I just stared at them for a while, looking in awe at the blatant disregard for the holy-ness that is Halloween. (See what I did there? Holy AND Halloween? Christmas AND Halloween. Oh yes.)
And those commercials! Sorry Fluffy  but if this continues for another month, you're going to be getting to know the wall very well. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Love,
Maddie-kins


P.S
If you were wondering about the "what the gecko" exclamation, it's because I am not a very good typer. I actually put in what the geck, for what the heck. Then I just went with it, and I ended up with what the gecko. Not a very interesting story, I know, but I thought it deserved more exclamation.
P.P.S.
If you're reading this, vote on my poll. I measure my true followers by that poll. I'm going to make an interesting one, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. 1/2 of 15 is 7.5 x 4 = 30 smackaroonies!!! Wow!! I feel so special. Can I put an order in???? I must think about this a while--will let you know. Love to my Maddie,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete